not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Strength through Daily Practice.



Physically, Mentally, Spiritually, Emotionally Stronger
through Daily Practice.


Back on the East Coast, and desperately in need of a good yoga class. Thank the heavens above...Michelle had a class this yesterday at the community center. She's outstanding. Checked in to the blog today, and she reminded me of why I love yoga - and why it is so important for my well being...physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. Thanks Michelle!

"...Sometimes there's nothing like me and my mat. All alone. Just the two of us. Tonight I was flowing like Shiva Rea. No Sanskrit names for these twisty tightrope asanas. I'm not even sure I'll remember exactly what I did. (Erin...if you're reading, you can attest to this!).

But..ahhh. It felt so good just to move without thinking. Our body always tells us what it needs. Sometimes we say "nont ahh" and do exactly opposite of what we really need, either pushing ourselves when we need to restore, or adopting a slower pace when we need to ramp it up.

The best part about a yoga practice is that it can offer us exactly what we need when we need it, whether it's gentle, sweaty or upside down yoga. Practicing everyday, no matter how our body or mind feels, also makes us stronger. Physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally." -Michelle Kirsche Whelan http://yogababymomma.blogspot.com/2010/05/scrumptious.html

Suzanne Caroline, Esterillos Oeste, CR
*This is my friend Suzanne who I met in Costa Rica. She is an amazing yogi who also has a daily yoga practice. I just thought that this photo was so beautiful, and wanted to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment