not all who wander are lost.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Fixin' Bikes + Eatin' Food

MmMm Veggie Stir Fry!


So I've been having some pretty big dinner parties lately. I decided that I was going to have a small, quality gathering: Gray, Erin, Chris and Me. I was in the mood for a spicy yet sweet veggie stirfry, and then Gray chimed in that he was marinating some tofu so he'd bring that over. Tofu is somewhat foreign to me, and I was skeptical at first - but it was totally delicious and I look forward to having an adventure with this food in the future. I'm totally crazy, so of course I prepped for dinner around 10am, riding my bike to Just Peachy - buying all the ingredients, and then slicing and dicing. On the tray I arranged them in order of first to go into the wok {onions} to the last thing in the pan {zucchini}. Some things need some more sizzle time than others! In the stirfry was onions, garlic, carrots, snap peas, string beans, broccoli, mushrooms, 3 kinds of zucchini/squash, pineapple, cabbage, dried apricots, raisins and then all of it topped with crushed cashews. I like to serve this over brown rice or jasmine rice. I sautee the veggies in a combo of coconut oil + olive oil. When the stir fry is about 2 minutes from being done I drizzle some toasted sesame oil on top, a decent amount of soy sauce, just the right amount of sriracha chili sauce to give it a kick and then a huge heaping spoon of apricot jelly. Vavavoom it was delicious, and the company was wonderful! While I was cooking dinner Chris was kind enough to fix up my new bike that Ali gifted me. It had several ailments, the main problem being the back tire. SO, a few minutes with Mechanic Del Moro and voila - new tire! Good eats, good chat and then good movie {Zoolander} make for ANOTHER successful evening in Encinitas :)

Mechanic Del Moro.

No comments:

Post a Comment