not all who wander are lost.

Friday, March 12, 2010

En Fuego.

Usually it's my personality that is 'en fuego', but today...it's my whole body.

JamD left first thing yesterday morning for Nicaragua to have a long weekend. Well, she blew it. The best surf that I have seen in Esterillos was yesterday. It stayed good ALL DAY LONG. The wind didn't affect it in the afternoon, and as soon as you thought it may be dying - BOOM, it was epic again. I surfed for well over 3 hours and when I got outta the water, ever single inch of my body was burnt. Everyone, literally every single person who was in the water, was left with a wicked sunburn. I knew that it was hot, even by Costa Rica standards, and I found out today that the temperature was 109degrees fahrenheit. HOly shit. Went back to the house to reapply, no - SLATHER - my body in sunscreen. Took a brief power nap on the cold floor with the puppies, put on MORE sunscreen, sucked down an iced coffee and then headed back for the beach. Wave slave. Ha. To my surprise, the waves were STILL perfect! I just simply could not get myself to head back out into the sun. I waited til a little after 4pm and then I paddled out for a far inferior surf than I'd had in the morning. Went to bed at 730 last night and slept through til 530 this morning. Waves today were no where near as good as yesterday...but the size was still there despite the wind. Paddled out for a bit, but the waves weren't worth the damage of the sun so I made it a short session. Seeing that my life is an open book, I'll tell everyone that Shawn and I have officially called it quits. He moved out of the house today and into Soda Mary, and in about a week he'll be leaving for an Australian Adventure. I love him, I'll miss him and I wish him the best. I'm sure we'll stay in contact, and he is surely part of the family. On that note, I'm headed back up to the house for some cuddle time with the puppies. Time and puppies heal everything...right?

Pura Vida.

3 comments:

  1. Sending you healing hugs for your sunburn and your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweet and smart young woman and if this was not meant to be then, so be it. The hurt will heal and there is a big loving two legged puppy out there special for you. Love, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it was great to meet you while in EO. Hope we can keep in touch. Weather/surf sounds insane since we left. I am missing it, ridiculously, but will be back soon. Hope your sunburn and heart heals quickly, and painlessly.

    ReplyDelete