not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Barrachas and Bulls.

Saturday night Jules and I played music @ El Vago, and ran it kind of like an open mic. It was super fun, everyone came out and I ate dinner for free! Hooray! Everyone was pregaming because there was a Rodeo here in town...and not just here, but a 30second walk from my front door! Up on Canada Hill there is a corral and I always wondered what it was for! Well, Saturday night all of Oeste headed up the hill to run around with the bulls. JamD and I were a little tweaked...a few beers and a few swigs of really amazing tequila that Shawn had brought me back from Mex. Jamie swore that she wasn't getting in the ring but after a few more beers sure enough she was in the ring. She slapped the bull on the ass, again. And then, I decided to join everybody in the ring. I sure as hell didn't slap the bull, I barely left the safety of the fence, but I still had some adrenaline pumping. After the rodeo the whole crew trekked down the hill and to Barrillito's. Bah. Dancing, dancing, laughing, and a bunch of barrachas! Made it home around 1:30am and cooked JamieD and I some breakfast burritos: bean tortillas, scrambled eggs, sliced cabbage with lime and cilantro, natilla, tomato, onion and garlic. Boom. JamieD was eating it and said "Mmm, this fish is really good. "Where did we get fish?". "Nice fish". I said "Jam, it's egg" about 5 times, and around the 6th time she goes "OOOOOh, EGG!". Decided to go without the alarm the next morning - a 5am wake up wouldn't be good for anyone. We slept til around 8am, laughed in bed as we recapped the previous evening, and then came downstairs - for round 2 of breakfast burritos!! Waves were crappy, wind was crappy, tide was crappy - so we decided to spend the WHOLE day up on the hill, just relaxing, swimming...and eating our faces off. Around lunchtime Pat came over, complaining of a hangover, so I whipped us up some rice and an asian vegetable stir-fry. Lunch was followed by a bag of Lays Sour Cream & Onion chips as well as an array of beverages: pipas, iced tea, pineapple juice, water and iced coffee. JamD and I napped for about 3 hours and then I made us cheeseburgers for dinner. I forgot that we had a TV in the house, so Jam and I put it to use last night, watching TV for several hours. We watched "Iron Man", a few episodes of "Rescue Me", and a slew of other odds and ends. Retired to bed and up this morning at 5:30, almost back on schedule, for some delicious french press coffee. Forgot to buy the dogs food again, so I cooked them scrambled eggs and rice. I teach yoga at 10am today, and until then we are just chillax'n by the pool. Pura Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment