not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Crazy for Coco.

I had such a lazy day yesterday. I've been feeling under the weather for about 2 days too long now. The first two days I thought were just a bit of fatigue from working, surfing and too much sun. The past two days have really put me over the edge, and I've refused to acknowledge my need for rest. SO - I slept in yesterday, came down and putzed on the internet - and though I vowed not to surf, I couldn't resist atleast one session. Grabbed my board and paddled out for some fun, somewhat funky, headhigh peaky surf out front. I didn't want to push my luck, so I got out after about an hour and a half had past. I headed back up towards the house, stopping along the way at Mike and Marthas. MIke and Martha are like the BLOCKBUSTER here in Oeste. They have a GAZILLION movies. I 'rented' two girly flicks "Hitch" and "Wedding Planner" and then a classic, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly". I watched both girly flicks back to back, cuddling Newman with the AC on. I still felt pretty awful, so I sipped some chamomile tea and tried to just relax. It was difficult for me to sit inside all day when it was so beautiful out - but its beautiful out EVERY DAY and really, I needed it. Headed down to the beach right before sunset to check in the internet again - hoping to hear from Shawnie. No email, I believe he's finishing the second half of the drive through Mexico. Hung out with the locals, sipped a club soda, and then headed back up the hill. I made suzie and I Arroz con Carne for dinner to try and use up the leftovers in the fridge. Sauteed onions, garlic and red bell peppers in a pan. Made some rice (with chicken stock). Diced up leftover steak and meaty chicharones that were in the fridge. Sauteed it all up in a pan with some cilantro and vavavoom. Served alongside a salad and some limon-marinated cabbage. It was the first real thing I ate all day, and it was delicious!! Didn't feel so hot afterwards, but not to worry - there was more AC and another movie - THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY. *Sigh* I totally love Clint Eastwood. While we watched the movie I rubbed coconut oil into my fingertips, under my eyes, and into my elbows - I also rubbed some into Newmans skin which has been acting up again lately. And you know what - this morning his skin looked LOADS better! Hooray for coconut oil!! Fastforward now to this morning - woke up early, played with Newman and now I'm headed down to Vagos to sweep up my "Yoga Studio" for a 730am class. Pura Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment