not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

PooPaya


So, I gave Papaya a second chance. Andy Welker infamously named Papaya POO-Paya about 4 years ago in Dominical, sitting at Tortilla Flats. We were having breakfast accompanied with a fruit plate, half of which was papaya. LP, Andy and Me all agreed that this fruit is awful…Andy comparing it to a flavor combination of Poo and Swiss Cheese. “POOPAYA” he yelled! The name stuck, and the thought of poo and swiss haunt me everytime I see a poopaya, I mean papaya. Well, everything down these parts is served with limon, including fruit platters. Squeezing a bit of this lime on a banana takes it to a WHOLE other level of deliciousness, so with Shawn’s encouragement I was sure that it could help out the struggling PooPaya as well. The affection came gradually, definitely not something that happened over night – but now, saturated with lime juice, I can proudly say that I love Papaya. Papaya – you are PooPaya no more!

1 comment:

  1. hey kid....just talked with billy...he's coming on the 10th...i'm shooting down on the 8th...thinking about heading your way first...when you get a chance can you fill me in on someplace to stay there...while billy's on his way...i think he may come there first too..but you know billy....i can't be as last minute has him...i'm WAY too much like your... dad...kinda want to know what i'm doing before i do it....talked with him this morning he sounded GREAT!....this is somehow on linda's account....this is gary...if you don't have my e-mail address just respond to linda's....thanx....see you soon.....G

    ReplyDelete