not all who wander are lost.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Panamanian Paradise

Juan and his cow.



In the mountains of Panama the weather reminds me of Fall on the East Coast. Cool in the morning, warm during the daytime, cool as the sun goes down and cold just in time for bed - so you can cuddle up under a big blanket. There weren't as many bugs as there are here in Oeste, but the few that were there found me. I promise you, if you don't want to get bitten by any bugs - then take me along with you. They flock to me like bees to honey. I had some big welts on my legs and arms, but it was well worth my few days in paradise. The cows, the macaw, the dogs, the river, the views, the food, the family -- made for an epic trip. Our last night in town Spike & Wendy had us over for a lovely dinner at their house, and it felt right at home. Here are just a few photos from our time away. Enjoy.


On Saturday we made a huge brunch, all with food that we had gathered from Juan's farm.



We did Yoga (and so did the Macaw)

Amoung the things we found on the farm, there were these purple bananas. They are not tasty, at all, they smell like cucumbers and are filled with a bunch of black seeds.

Our Group. Juan, Spike, Corralia, Jeni, Larry, Pat, Wendy and Me. GOOD PEOPLE.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of my folks, Spike and Wendy. Hope you had a great time at their place.
    If you see them again please give them a great big hug from me.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete