not all who wander are lost.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Mucho Trabajo

Well, the truck failed inspection. Not a huge surprise, but for some reason I thought that the universe would cut me a break and let the Cruiser cruise on through. It failed the ignition test because it’s blowing smoke or something. Who knows. I should have it back within the next few days, and in the meantime Lagarto (aka Brett) has been so kind as to lend us one of his vehicles. Woohoo! To get around town we have Adam’s golf cart, so between both modes of transportation we are set. Didn’t get to the farmers market today like I’d hoped but was plenty busy around the house. While Shawn was running errands with Brett I prepared for the little gathering that I’m having here tonight. Nothing too exciting, just a few people from town coming over for some drinks and some snacks. I asked that everybody bring something. I spent the afternoon making hummus, baked pita chips with roasted garlic and crushed red pepper, deviled eggs and egg salad, and a pasta salad with raisins, corn, chickpeas and onions seasoned with fresh herbs, curry and E.V.O.O. mmmmm good. Cleaned the house top to bottom, sipped on some Vietnamese iced coffee and then was inspired to scrub all my yoga mats and bleach the toilets. God’dang! Cross your fingers for a fun sunset surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment