not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back In The Groove

Well, its taken me a few days, but I'm back in the groove. Readjusted to paradise. Surfing twice a day until my arms ache, my shoulders are burning and my lower back is about to break. I stretch, I rest, I replenish {breakfast at margaritas}. Staying at Adam's house...making dinner every night, hanging with his wonderful dog Newman, and listening to some good music - and did I mention drinking lots o espresso from my new big Bialetti?! Had yummy chicharones and my FAVORITE, club soda, at Vago's today, all of the local dogs begging at your feet for some handouts. Hanging out at Soda Mary right now - had a hootenany last night, music music music and lots o beer. I'm trying not to drink, Brett twisted my arm into having a few yesterday. His Texas Boys are in town and they are wonderful : DAD...you are going to LOVE these gentlemen. As soon as you're better we are going to Texas and we are going to kill things {everything from fish to pigs} and we are gonna eat and drink and LAUGH, because you do A LOT of laughing with this fun and rowdy crew. Today I was put on the MARDI GRAS board, organizing the big festival in town. Been trying to work out the details for places to stay for the people who are coming to town, and sending out emails trying to rally people to come and visit {this is surprisingly harder than youd think}. I have yet to get a sunburn, which my pops would be proud of...but with this said, I look like some pale shoobie. Mechanic was supposed to come to fix the truck today, and surprise surprise he didn't show up. Maybe Manana....

Headed to Jeni's house on the hill for a BBQ, I made some Salsa and the boys are bringing burgers. I imagine that with a few more beers {the guys have been drinking since breakfast} that there will be some nude cannonballs in Jeni's pool. Lucky me, or should I say lucky YOU, I remembered my camera today....

1 comment: