not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

YOGA : Esterillos Oeste

Yoga Lessons are ON.

Starting this MONDAY (December 7th) at 7am.

*****

Where: El Vago (Esterillos Oeste),
on the opposite side of the fence where the pool tables are

When: MONDAYS & THURSDAYS 7am
This time is subject to change: influenced by the waves and the tide. Pretty soon there will be a board up out front of Brett's surf shop stating any time changes. Also, there will be emails sent if times are changed, if you'd like to be a part of this mailing list then email me with the subject line YOGA : cailin.callahan@gmail.com

How Much: Donation
This is something that I stressed over. I certainly can't charge what I charged in the states, and I don't want to discourage anyone from coming if they are low on cash - yoga is for EVERYONE - so I decided to put out a "LOVE BUCKET" and you can make a donation of your choice. I'd like to recommend around a 2mil donation, but use your discretion.
What to Bring: Yoga Mat, Blocks, Pillow, Strap
All of this is completely optional, aside from the mat (if you don't have a mat, don't fret...I have a few that are available to loan). Blocks, a pillow and a strap are just nice accessories to have. A small throw pillow helps aid some different asanas (postures), and the blocks and straps help deepen poses as well. Again, if you just show up empty handed this is fine - and if you show up with a mat EVEN BETTER :)


Yoga should be done in a peaceful, clean, spacious area -- with that said, it's somewhat limiting in Oeste. Yoga can really be done anywhere, I've taught it on the beach in Jersey, done it on a sailboat in the Galapagos, and been cramped into a congested downstairs basement -- but VAGO has been wonderful enough to let us Yogi's take over the other half of his bar. This spot is ideal because it is a flat surface, right on the beach - with a roof, rescuing us from the sun and rain. As I said, the 7am time may be subject to change on days that there are waves and the hide tide is early -- but it shouldn't interfere too much. I hope to see some familiar (and unfamiliar) faces this coming Monday, and remember - YOGA is for EVERYONE. All skill levels are welcomed...from first timers to the advanced Yogi. Different variations of asanas will be demonstrated and I urge the beginners to listen to their bodies and take it slow.

Namaste!

Yoga can be done anywhere, and I'm thankful that VAGO has let us use his place...

Yoga atop the volcano Sierra Negra, Galapagos Islands


Yoga along the hostal walk-way, Banos, Ecuador

Yoga @ Hostal Tiana, Latacunga, Ecuador

Yoga on a post, Santa Cruz, Galapagos Islands

Yoga aboard the sailboat Sulidae, Galapagos Islands

2 comments:

  1. im in....love ya dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cailin,

    I just wanted to let you know how wonderfully funny all of your blog posts are! I've been reading them and you really do a great job of bringing humor to all of your travesl. The yoga thing is great, my girlfriend manages the lululemon store in Princeton, so I'll have to let her know you're keeping it alive down there!

    Mary Beth
    (your father's cousin)

    ReplyDelete