not all who wander are lost.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Marbella.


SO - last night we surfed Camaronal - and it was well overhead with no one out. Surfed til sunset and then headed back to the house where I made some dinner. Earlier that day I made a breakfast that Ben was stoked on...so later on he insisted that I went to the supermarket with him. He basically just followed me around with the baskets and let me buy anything and everything, and he paid for it. I was excited to have all of this food to cook and eat, and was even more excited that I didn't have to pay for it. Anyways -for dinner I whipped up some salad and pasta. MmMmMm delicious. We retired early...no need to repeat our previous night of rum and more rum. I was asleep by 8pm. This morning we were all up at 5am and prepping for an hour ride to Marbella, a spot a bit north of Nosara. The ride was bumpy and river-filled, but we arrived to perfect head high beachbreak with only 3 people out. Ben (Bouregious) is a pro-surfer and was a little bummed about the "small" waves, but inside I was doing jumping jacks!! THANK GOD! I didn't want to surf death barrels, and from the looks of it Marbella gets pretty insane, not exactly prime conditions for a log. Ben and Brian were giving me lessons on how to get barreled, legitimately and in a fast, firing wave. I wasn't so successful with this, but I did get some super fun waves and the cameraman Nate got clips of a few of em. Woohooo!! Tonight two more people arrive and for dinner we are having fish tacos!! Pura Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment