not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Union Cattle

Union Cattle...roof top with the lovely california crew.

Lara & I : Getting on our game faces, ready to eat some 1/2 price apps!




I finally showered. Then, we relaxed and watched a movie. Pappas fell asleep, and we were hungry - so we walked a block down the street to Von's and I bought some essentials:
  • a loaf of bread
  • bananas
  • 2% milk
  • red wine {Rex & Goliath: Cabernet Sauvignon}
  • potato chips
  • sour cream and onion soup mix for some dip!!

The last two items usually on my shopping list, but hell - I'm on vacation! Chips and dip for all my friends!! I ripped into the bread as soon as we exited the store, and then upon our arrival to la casa I mixed up some chip dip. MmMmMm. Heaven. Later we met up with all of Lara's friends at Union Cattle for the 1/2price apps. I genuinely enjoy the company of ALL of Lara's friends...they are just good people. I particularly love Sarah. She's just lovely, and we plan on having a "yoga class" at her courtyard on Thursday morning before she leaves for work. I can't wait! Anyways...Lara, Christina, Sarah, Wendy, Hunter, Brad, and more all chomped down on some yummy apps. We ate and drank {ginourmous beers...so heavy I needed two hands to lift them off the table}, left our server a huge tip, and then headed for home. I think we were home by 930...it definitely wasn't even ten oclock yet. The old lady that I am - I retired early to bed. But the wild woman my love Lara is -- well, she went back out on the town. All in all, a successful evening. Today I'm going to yoga at a studio down the street, and then Potato and I are heading to SAN CLEMENTE!!! We are going to surf and sun with my good friend Press, another whom I met in Costa Rica a few years back, and then later with another great friend, JS - who I met when I was 12 years old on a surf trip to Mexico. Pura Vida!

Headin home....

No comments:

Post a Comment