not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

San Clemente.

I've been coming to San Clemente for years now. Years and years. I met the Davidson family when I was about 12 or 13 years old while on a surf trip in Mexico. Good people: Mr and Mrs, and their 3 boys JS, Corey and Daniel. We have kept in touch over all of these years, and I manage to visit about once a year. Another great friend, Press, whom I also met on a surf trip, lives in San Clemente too. Soo excited to see my good friends. Anyways, Lara and I packed up the car yesterday and headed South. Our first stop was with Press. We hung out on his sunny porch, snacked and then headed down to the beach. We were warned by the lifeguard about tsunami's because of the Somoa quake and then it started to rain - so we headed back to the house. Justine, Press's wife, and his two beautiful daughters Taja and Milan were at the house when we got back. We offered Justine the night off and took the girls with us to Taco Tuesday in San Clemente. At La Siestas we met up with Mr & Mrs Davidson, JS, Corey and Daniel...and all of their girlfriends. We laughed and ate and laughed and ate, and toasted to meeting lifelong friends on surf vacations! Ha. We parted ways, had a few cocktails back on Press's porch, then Lara and I headed back to the Davidson's house where a bed was waiting for us.

Now we are back at Press's...having coffee and getting ready to go out for some breakfast. All I gotta say is that in San Clemente, I feel the love. I'm so blessed to have made friends with such epic people. Pura Vida and long live the traveling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment