not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Winnebago Woman.




Driving home from the Thrift Store today, I was struck with my latest and greatest idea...a WINNEBAGO. It's the perfect plan. A home on wheels. Mobile Home. BAH. I love it. You know me, I love research - so as soon as I got back to the house I ran over to the computer and started to search for Winnebagos, and all of the information concerning them. Just think about: cruising around Cali, parking at Malibu and surfing all morning -- then just steps from home and a hot cup of coffee!

Well, little did I know that there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Winnie's out there, and you can actually get one {that runs!} for a decent prize! My palms started to sweat...my dream isn't that far off afterall! On craigslist I found one that seems pretty cool - but it's the description that I love best. Here it is {note the poor spelling/grammar and their email address}:


1984 Winnebago Motor Home

" this has around 60000 miles on it the motor is a 454.......has to beds one bathroom w/ shower.....has kitchen w/ sink n cabients...has a yalling and has a kitchen table and lots of storeage room.......we used to take this to the race tracks n use it for towing our racecar....we decided to sell this because we dont use it alot and firgured maybe someone else out there well used it........you can email me at mercedez1021@yahoo.com or call the cell 609-330-7975.........i'm gonna have more a better picuters as soon as i can get th keys to it "

Also while doing my research, I stumbled upon The Winnebago Experience: Bringing Back the Hobo. It's a documentary of two guys on their journey to find, purchase and execute living in a Winnebago! Ah, kindred spirits! With the money that they have saved, they have self-financed numerous short-films, music videos {COLD WAR KIDS! love them.}, and documentaries -- including this one about life as a hobo. You can check out their journey here: http://www.thehobosoul.com/winexp.html



I think that it is time to take my Gypsy Wagon {aka Ford Focus} to the next level...

I want a Winnie!


6 comments:

  1. all you need is an expresso machine that has a lighter adaptor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha who needs espresso machines when i have a bialetti!? ill just have my little camper stove to boil water. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'll need to make 2 cups, one for yourself and one for your full time mechanic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a hobo, you can join my club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who needs a mechanic -- that baby just needs to make it to cali and then im parking @ malibu! ha.

    ReplyDelete