not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie & Julia


The One and Only : JULIA CHILD


I went to see Julie & Julia the other day...and I gotta say, just about hands down the best movie I've seen in a long, long, long time. For those of you who haven't heard of this movie {and surprisingly there are quite a few}, Julie & Julia is a {true} story of Julia Child - and a young woman, Julia, who begins a blog about cooking through Childs' "Mastering The Art of French Cooking". Meryl Streep plays Child, and she is outstanding - Julia Child through and through. Amy Adams plays Julie, the young New Yorker who's life is given new meaning once beginning to cook and blog through Childs' famous tried-and-true cookbook. The story is based on two bestselling novels: Julie Powell's "Julie & Julia" and Childs' "My Life In France". You can watch the trailer for the movie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvJHsJD8ic And you can read Julie Powell's blog {yes, she's still blogging} here: http://juliepowell.blogspot.com/

This movie was an absolute MUST SEE for any and all foodies out there -- and for those who DON'T live and breathe food {like myself}, this movie will give you a newfound respect for something I hold so close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment