not all who wander are lost.

Monday, June 8, 2009

sell sell sell.

I decided that it was time to purge myself of most of my things and try to approach ozzie's "4 bags" way of life. I don't think that I will ever be so extreme as to live my whole life out of only four bags, but I'm certainly trying to widdle it down. So, I decided it was time to have a big Yard Sale!! Of course, once the living room was filled with all of the things that my parents and I were getting rid of, the weather man called for a weekend of rain! We couldn't hang signs on Friday because it was a constant downpour -- monsoon rains!! Mom and I woke at 6am on Saturday morning to a light mist and some clouds, but crossed our fingers - hoping for the best, and hung the signs. In the end it turned out to be a nice day. I haggled and hussled the customers with mom for a few hours, then jetted out for a bit to surf. The waves were about waist to chest and super fun. It was such a pleasure to be in the water with NO BOOTIES! Bah! Summer is almost here, maybe by JULY I'll be able to surf in my farmer john..... Anyways, Jeff Pace was out {surprise surprise} and I told him that if he came back to the house and helped Dad chop and stack wood, that there was a Fried Clam Feast in it for him!! Having had many meals at the Callahan's, he took his next wave in a headed back to the house with me. When I got back Susan and Mom were already a glass of champagne deep {I'm not talking champagne flutes, I'm talking big, deep wine glasses} and Dad, Shawn and Paulie had already made a nice size dent in the mountain of fire wood. I headed straight to the kitchen and started to make all of the hungry workers a fine feast. Started out with some BANANA LECHES for the boys to rehydrate and get some potassium {I made mine with 5 bananas, 2 big scoops of plain yogurt, a splash of vanilla extract, a few ice cubes, some ground flaxseed and some milk in a blender}. I baked some sliced beets and yams that were tossed in olive oil, thyme and sea salt. I sauteed asapargus, made a huge garden salad and whipped up some honey-mustard sauce for the smoked drum fish. MmMmMm. I breaded the clams that the boys caught the other day and made some of my famous, spicy cocktail sauce and some tartar sauce as well. Everyone came in exhausted: from selling and from splitting. We all ate til we could eat no more...and by that time I had to head to work at Mildred's.

Just another great day at the Shore, with my family and friends.

The Boys and their Woodpile.

Fried Clams for Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment