not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Obsess.


Main Entry:
ob·sess           Listen to the pronunciation of obsess

Pronunciation: \əb-ˈses, äb-\
Function: verb
Etymology: Latin obsessus, past participle of obsidēre to frequent
Date: 1531
transitive verb : to haunt or excessively preoccupy the mind of obsessed with the idea> intransitive verb : to engage in obsessive thinking : become obsessed with an idea



I'm told that I have a slightly obsessive personality. Some use that exact words, others just "passionate", "fervent", "intense". Ha. Anyways, I feel like I should tell you all that I have fallen off the wagon. Yes, it's true. I was doing amazingly well on the Candida Albicans diet, but a small chocolate soft serve ice cream broke me. I now know how addicts feel. Laugh, go ahead, but I'm serious. I had been so miserable for those few weeks, giving up the very things that give me pleasure {I am a FOOD person, people!}. One day I just couldn't take it anymore and I thought "Well, just one, SMALL ice cream cone isn't going to hurt." Eating it was like ecstasy and then as soon as I finished I was totally depressed. All the progress I had made, down the drain...and for what? Damnit. I was disappointed in myself. I decided though, for the sake of my relationship and my sanity, that maybe I should not be so drastic with the diet. SO, now I am on a normal, healthy version of the Candida Albicans diet....absolutely no sugar and no white flour, limited fruit consumption, no dairy and no gluten. Bah. I feel better already. I'm still going strong with all of my supplements, and now I just feel better. Less stress. What I'm getting to is that I am a bit obsessive. I've always given %110 to whatever I'm doing at the moment. I wanted to learn about WINE, so I did my research, ordered the best Wine books, made flash cards and studied, studied, studied. I started doing Yoga, loved what it did for my mind and my body, and boom - 6 months later I'm in Maryland at the AFPA Fitness Conference getting certified to be an instructor. I picked up a guitar when I was 16, and 3 months later I had written my first song...2 years later I was recording my first album. You get where this is headed? I want to know everything- All about everything that I want to know about, and nothing about what I don't. I have the ability to single one thing out, take everything from it that I can, then close that chapter and move onto a new one. My latest "obsession" has been Ecuador. I am planning a trip there for the month of November with my fabulous friend Pat. She mentioned it to me about a month ago, and since then I have loaded up on information about this EPIC, extremely small utopia. BAH. I've been so excited that I can't sleep at night. I read Lonely Planet Ecuador all day, then go online and research, then plan my day around the best hostel's and food. I was online for hours yesterday researching the best rain jackets and hiking shoes...essentials that I will need to sailing through the Galapagos, trekking in the Ande's and cruising through the Amazon. Did I mention that I don't leave until November??

There is so much in life to be excited about, and I'm excited about it all. Food, Music, Places, People, Things, Ideas! AH! My head could combust with the excitement and adventure of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment