not all who wander are lost.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mani-Pedi? Huh?

Wow. What a girly day.


This morning Shawn came over and hung with Lara and I for a bit....then we headed to Mike's for lunch - because it's simply the best place in the world. Shawn had fried clam strips, Lara had a fresh tuna salad sandwich, and I had the lobster roll, which was EPIC. We all split some fried onion rings that were equally fantastic. Dr. Lara joked about the irony of her being a doctor and how badly she abuses her body, we laughed about some costa rica scenarios from the past, and laughed at Shawnie for being bald {well, HE was laughing at himself...wearing a shirt that said, bare butt rippin - long hair trippin}. You would have thought that we were all stoned, because we laughed for about 30 minutes straight, and I'm not exactly sure what exactly we were laughing about. Lara confessed her Diet Coke addiction {among other things...} and stated that she drank atleast 5 cans a day. After lunch we cruised over to my parents house to digest for a bit. We've been driving around Lara's fathers' Porsche 911 Carerra. Talk about fancy-shmancy. My car takes about 5 minutes to go from 0-60...Lara's doesn't even take 5 seconds. We drove with the top down to do some shopping and got some fabulous stuff. All the shopping wore us down, so we headed to Burger King for 2 large diet cokes. Ha. Afterwards we came back to Casey and Sadie's house for a swim in their bea.u.tiful pool, showered up and headed for MANICURES. Newsflash: I had a pedicure years and years and years ago in Beverly Hills at some rooty-tooty spa with my auntie D and my mom, but it was so long ago I can't even remember. Also, I've never had a manicure. It wasn't as god-awful as I always chalked it up to be...it was actually really relaxing. I think I might go back again sometime...have them paint my nails pink.

Now we are getting ready for dinner. Mom, Dad, Shawnie, Lara and I are heading to LUCKY BONES in Cape May for dinner! I am obviously going to order their mussels, with EXTRA of the homemade, fresh foccacia bread. MMMMmmMMMmmm. Been dreaming about it all day. Potato leaves in the morning, and I'll be sad to see her go -- but hopefully I will get my ass out to California to see her sometime soon. Maybe we'll get mani-pedi's when I'm there......

Struttin' our stuff in Dominical, CR

Pappas and I, sippin' some cafe con leche in costa rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment