not all who wander are lost.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Dr.Potato

I'm lying in bed right now with both dogs, Casey and Sadie, at my feet -- and Lara passed out next to me. She stumbled up around 8:30am from the downstairs bedroom, mumbled a few words, and is now dead to the world, full clothed, on top of the covers. I call her Dr. Potato because her name is Lara Pappas. We met in Costa Rica a few years back, and Pappas means "potato". Also, she's a doctor. Hence, Dr. Potato.

Today is my last day of dog-sitting for Sadie and Casey. They are so cute {once I'm finally in my apartment for more than 5 minutes I will post some photos} and easily pleased. I FINALLY have a day off -- which is so very necessary. Today I think I'll stay here at the dog's house, swim in their pool and kick it until we {shawn, lara, pablito, mom, dad and me} head to LUCKY BONES for dinner {my FAVORITE place to eat!}.

All fun things aside, I'm pretty bummed that miss Pat has left...leaving Shawn and I with an empty nest {well, a semi-empty nest, until lara leaves tomorrow and only lasting until thursday when his mother arrives, and friday when Cam from costa arrives}. I had such an amazing time when the Oeste Gringos were here. I was looking through the photos this morning and was left with a smile on my face. I love those guys....and I can't wait to get back and spend my winter with them all! I tried to bribe Pat into spending the summer here, renting out our little spare bedroom...but she was homesick for paradise. Oh well.

That's all for now. Going to take Casey on a long walk, make myself some coffee and enjoy my day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment