not all who wander are lost.

Friday, June 5, 2009

...and I'm outta here.

Last night I had the most fantastic evening. I had a show at Coffee Comedy that was going to just be a solo acoustic evening. To my surprise and delight I got a call from Christian saying that he was available to play and would love to join me! Christian is phenomenal. He makes my songs what they are. When I write them they are lost and incomplete, and then Christian gives them an identity. I don't know how he does it, but he does. Last night I played a handful of new songs...new to me, and certainly new to Christian whom had never heard them before. A dontcha know it -- he played them with such beauty you would have thought that he's been playing them for years. There wasn't a huge turn out...only about 20, when before we were averaging over 50 people, but I chalk it up to the season just beginning. For those who missed out last night, be SURE to mark your calendars for our next show: THURSDAY, JUNE 25th. It's going to be at Coffee Comedy and we'll have the whole family on stage: Christian Mahr, Sven Peltonen and myself. The Costa Rica Crew will be in too...so the evening will be quite an event.


When I got home from the gig last night I booked my ticket that'll kick off my winter travels. I leave the U.S. on Friday, October 30th early in the A.M....arriving in San Jose, Costa Rica in the afternoon. I'll be in town only to leave 2 days later for Ecuador. The month of November will have me south america before heading back to Esterillos Oeste where I'll spend the rest of my winter. Wooohooo....bring on the summer, bring on the shoobies, bring on the mooolah!

1 comment:

  1. I am so over the top happy for you and looking forward to being there on the 25th. Ecuador....yahoo - here we come. xoxoxo Pat

    ReplyDelete