not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Long Walks and Logs

Long Walks and Logs:

Yesterday was Monday March 16th, the day before my best buddy Paulie's birthday, and the wonderful Irish holiday...St. Patrick's Day. I began my day with a Bialetti Americano and mosied on over to Soda Mary to hang with the crew. The waves out front were looking pretty phenomenal, but because I'm still under the weather and only surfing one session a day and we were going to head to Corilio, so I opted out. Corilio is an hour drive, then a 40 minute walk to get to. It's a left point break that breaks for.ev.er. The part that sucks is that you have to walk for 39 minutes before you can see whether the waves are epic...or horrible. Well 20 minutes into the car ride there I was over it, and 5 minutes into the walk I was pretty miserable. What can I say, the only thing that I hate more than walking is running. And it was HOT out. Hot. And my log weighs a zillion pounds. I definitely lost a few inches over the walk with my longboard sitting on my head. After a half hour the wind turned a bit, the tide filled in, and we all managed to get some fun waist to chest high waves that just broke and broke for quite a distance. Then we started the long trek back...but the wind was howling and holding my board was near impossible. Lucky me my man loves me, so he carried BOTH longboards for the 40 minute walk back. I slept the whole way home, thanks again to Shawn for taking care of everything. That evening the waves were perfect, but I was beat. Defeated. Unable to move an inch. So I cooked dinner. Beet, almond, cucumber salad with homemade balsamic citrus vinagrette, linguini with homemade sauce, garlic bread, and then cherry cheese pie for dessert. To top off our fabulous evening, we headed down for my LAST Monday Night Live @ Soda Mary. There were 6 musicians in the house...the most we've ever had. It made for an interesting jam session. We even had a bass player with an amp! Bah! Going to miss this night for sure.

This morning we woke up early, had coffee (well, an americano for me!), and then headed down the beach. The waves were a tad smaller than they've been....chest to head high (on shawn...and he is 6'3") and clean. I had a wonderful session, getting some of the longest rides I've had in Costa Rica...walking all over the board. It was great to surf with the Soda Mary crew, especially Les. He's always good for a laugh. He recently got a new board and he is shredding on it. Wooohoooo. Came home for Breakfast BURRITO'S. Adam made some brownies, and soon we are heading to the waterfall for some fun. Hopefully I will have some strength to get in an evening session before we got for some TSUNAMI SUSHI. MmMmMm.

I only have 5 days left. Sob. Gasp. Sob. Moan. Weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment