not all who wander are lost.

Monday, February 9, 2009

ESTERILLOS en DOMINICAL

So, I´m very very excited because my esterillos crew is HERE, in DOMINICAL!! Suzanne drove down yesterday with Pat, her friend Brian, Larry, and John. And shortly after arrived Jeni and Fabrizio. We hung at the beach for a bit, had a beer or two as the sunset, and then I took Jeni with me back to Billy´s house, while the rest found a place in town. Jeni joined LP, Dad, Billy and I for dad´s famous Lobster Soup which we had with some really fantastic red wine, good garlic bread, and an avocado and tomatoe salad with homemade balsamic vinagrette. Before dinner we snacked on some of my hummus with carrots and some manchego cheese. BAH: heaven. After that we showered up and LP, Jeni and I headed back into Dominical to meet up with the rest of the Esterillos crew. We went to the Rum Bar to see the Tropi'Cowgirls play. Two women, in their 40s-50s...one on guitar, wearing a miniskirt and con´s, and on playing the fiddle. Saw them play a few times last year, and even shared the stage with them a few times. They are great...talented and wonderful entertainers. There I ran into the fiddle'players husband, whom looks like jerry garcia. He invited me and the crew to a huge FULL MOON PARTY in Uvita tonight (monday)...so tonight we are gonna load up the car, and I´m even gonna drag Dad and Billy along.

Today we woke up, Jeni and Dad went snorkeling and Billy and I paddled around. Then we had some breakfast, went for a swim, and headed back into town to meet up with the crew. Right now everyones sitting around the pool at the SunDancer, snacking on some pineapple, mango and watermelon, waiting for the next great adventure....which I believe will be the waterfall in Dominicalito.....

Pura Vida.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic. I loved those singing cowgirls. Glad they managed to get into the Sundancer. Have fun at the party tonight. Make dad drink some coffee before he goes. Check your email love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss miss miss you all! the whole s. jersey callahan crew! Lots of love from seattle, xoxoxoxo julisa

    ReplyDelete