not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Today is Thursday.

Today is Thursday. I know that because the people sitting next to me in the internet cafe told me so. I wouldn't know if they were right or wrong - im not even sure what the date is. I know that we are still in the month of January though.

Last night was Nico's birthday. On our way walking into the busier part of town, it started to DOWNPOUR. I'm talking Caribbean rain....REAL rain. So we ran to the only restaurant on the street...Sombre las Olas. It's a seafood and italian place on the beach...a bit out of the price range that we are trying to stay in, but hey -- it's a celebration. We had some delicious bruschetta, and then Nico, Michelle and I had pasta, and Thoralf had Caribbean cooked snapper. MMM. It was very good. Though we all wanted to go out to continue the celebration, we were all exhausted and the rain was coming down hard. michelle and i fell asleep the second we got back to the cabina, and the boys stayed up drinking CAHUITA. Cahuita is a rum that is only made and sold in the town of Cahuita. It is DELICIOUS. We sip on it all day long. Just little sips, but they warm you up and make you feel good all over. It's coconut flavor as well, mmmm. Michelle is obsessed. hahaa. We took some photos the other day, a 'cahuita photo shoot'. The photos will be up this week...you're going to crack up.

Anyways...woke up early this morning to drive 40 minutes to a spot deep in puerto viejo. The waves were big, messy, big, and not worth paddling out. We came back to Cahuita, and sure enough the waves were perfect and clean. Got in a two hour session, ate lunch, and then amazingly the waves were still good!!! So we got in another 2 or 3 hours. I cant figure out this break. I've named it "NO SE" because I never know what the hell its going to be doing. The wind, the tide, there is no pattern. Who knows. All I know is that today is was overhead and super fun.

I'm in love with a little dog down here. Medium sized...bigger than a yorky, and smaller than a lab. She's sooo cute. She is very skinny, likes to cuddle and has a wicked cut around her neck. Someone put a chain around her neck as a collar, with a lock on it, and she kept growing and it got tighter and tighter and tighter. I was looking for bolt cutters yesterday in town, and luckily later that night someone had taken her horrible 'collar' off. She follows me around town, and today even followed me out into the water when I went surfing. She only went out about 10 feet...but you could tell she was anxious to come out. She is definitely still young. Probably only a year old, but super sweet. I'm going to ask around town and see if she has a name. How about it shawnie?? Another female dog??

Today is Thursday and the Caribbean is BEAUTIFUL.

1 comment:

  1. bring some of that rum back to the west coast... we will party!!!

    ReplyDelete