not all who wander are lost.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Growing Up


I've been surfing for a long time. I have done competitions all over, and traveled all over - surfing amazing waves, and surfing them well. BUT - I've always been terrified of the water. Well, as of last year (some humbling waves in Dominical) I now have a respect for the ocean as oppossed to a fear...kindof. Anyways, for the first time in my WHOLE life I paddled out by myself. And I surfed solo for a half hour. For a few minutes I was a bit spooked, but then I warmed up to the peace of surfing all alone in the big, blue ocean.


I'm starting to grow up...I think.

There is nothing wrong with being afraid---but there is nothing more wrong than allowing that to be your master.

3 comments:

  1. I love that photo, I actually emailed Rob again to try and get it, bah, that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you whole life i have been in the water with you and told there is nothing to be afraid of....its just something in your head that you have to make peace with..i have seen just about every dangerous thing the ocean has to offer and hell, im still here!

    ReplyDelete