not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Garbage Day and Battle of the Blogs

Today was garbage day in Esterillos. Garbage day is a VERY important day, a day that you do not want to miss. With the heat and the bugs, anything organic gets pretty nasty pretty quick. You can't flush your t-p, so your 'shit paper' (as brett calls it) gets thrown in the trash. Also, beer is consumed here like water -- so we have an abundance of empty beer cans. As you can see, garbage day is muy muy muy importante. The key is though that you gotta be here for the trash man -- when he beeps as he drives down the street, you run your trash out. Well damnit, Brett waited around all day and the trash man never came! So we are hoping that they are going to come tomorrow. And goddamnit don't you know that the damn dogs got into the trash while we weren't here and spread it all over the street. Bah. Trash is a big deal here -- the little things you take for granted back home... Here's Cam and I, praying to the trash-gods that they come and get this stinking heap out of our front yard:



BATTLE OF THE BLOGS:
World Domination Blogging Competition

I introduced Brett to Blogging. So I guess that I am the only one to blame. But he has become an addict (much like myself), thinking about what the blog will entail and stressing over a clever name as well as which pictures to put up. Ha. Him and I compete for computer time so that we can give our blog lots of love and attention. Recently (now that I'm BACK at soda mary, no longer on the caribbean - and now that he's a madrambler as well) our blogs have been mimicking one another. His take and my take. Check it out, he's freaking hysterical - AND the best part is that he types the way that he speaks --- with a southern, Texan accent. Hahaha. His blog is www.sodamarysurfteamcostarica.blogspot.com This is Brett:


Making plans in Costa Rica doesn't happen. So I don't know why I try. It's not so much that I plan, I just try to make a bit of a guideline - mostly so that I don't get caught up sitting around, drinking beer, and talkin trash on the front porch of soda mary. So anyways...my plans with Suzi didn't pan out, and we ate at Azul because our fish guy never came thru. BUT I was ecstatic that Cam was back so that I now have someone to play dominoes with. We had a reunion special: World Domination Dominoe Competition. I WHOOPED his ass. Smoked em. By over 100 points. Wooohooo. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. hahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry cam. This is Cam:



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog, i'll be checking back for more later lol. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all about world domination! You go girl. Mom

    ReplyDelete