not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Amazing Day




:Here are some more photos from last night that Pat took:

BAH. Amazing day. Barack Obama, a black man, was sworn in today as the PRESIDENT...GoodBye Bush. I had the best session yet that I have had in Costa Rica, and sitting in a rocking chair watching the inauguration. Beautiful beautiful day...and its only 1pm.
Surfed the 'soda mary secret spot' this morning. Perfect, overhead, clean, consistent lefts. Lefts - I know. But amazing. Only a few of us in the water. Adam and I talked trash to eachother the whole session, laughing like crazy people, with smiles from ear to ear. My legs hurt from surfing, a pain that I don't often get...but I stopped counting my waves when I hit 30...we only surfed for 2.5 hours, but it was wave after wave after wave. Legend mike, adam, and I for the first 45 minutes and then Nico, Michele and Thoralf joined us. Adam and I then went to my favorite place to eat in costa rica (aside from soda nanyoa in dominical..but i must say this breakfast is the best in all of costa), MARGARITAS. It's the old ladies backyard. Had some MORA juice, blackberries. MMMM. So good. And cafe con leche...the works. Did I mention that it's only 3 bucks for coffee, juice, fried plantains, gallo pinto and scrambled eggs?
Hanging out now, utterly exhausted and sweating to death - but what a glorious day. Throwing an empty coconut now for Newman (adams dog) and getting ready for a little siesta.

2 comments:

  1. some people have the life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it Paul, god bless her, she can make a home anywhere. Must be some kind of Gypsy requirement.

    I love the pics, especially the first. God Damn Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete