not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

4.5 Hour Hermosa Session

Hey there. Today is the 11th of January. Shawn left this morning. I'm pretty bummed, but I travel well solo, so hopefully that will start kicking in soon. Plus, with Skype I can call him every day, and even see him on the webcam!! After he left I hit up the SuperSol for some essentials (tortillas, beans, coconut cookies, milk, etc.) and then uploaded some photos onto facebook from dominical (check them out here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=199988&l=900d4&id=653500240 ).

Thoralf, Michelle, and Niko were heading into Jaco to look for a board for Thoralf, and then were going to go for a surf in Hermosa. So I hopped in the car with them. Had a fun time cruising around and then unloaded at a solid chest to head high swell at Hermosa. It was good for 20 minutes, then the wind picked up, then it glassed off, then it got bumpy. Ha. You see where I'm going with this. But the last 2 hours were really great. Everyone I was with was in and out of the water. Taking breaks and such. Not me. I surfed for almost 5 hours, going only on a bowl of frosted flakes. My back is aching, my arms are breaking. Ibprofuen is calling my name for sure. When we left we hit up the smoothie shack at the end of Hermosa. There was this Venezuelan chick, Simone, who was there selling homemade bathings. Badass. And she's a surfer - making them for specifically for surfing chicas. Michelle and I were going crazy over the bathingsuits, but of course had to money. We planned to meet her in town about 2 hours later to buy the suits. So Michelle and I cleaned up, ran some errands then headed to town. Well we looked all over Hermosa. And we couldn't find Simone. We were kindof hazy about our meeting point, and finally we ended up at a bar that was happening in Hermosa, in hopes of finding our fabulous homemade suits. No Simone, but there was a live band. So we decided to have a beer and listen to the music. The second we got a beer, they took a set break. They came back on when we were walking out the door. hahaha. Shit luck. oh well. We are hoping to run into her tomorrow.

Back at the house. Just had a fried egg on a tortilla with beans, onions, tomato and avocado. MmMm. I had a really wonderful day, and I'm totally bummed that Nico, Michelle and Thoralf are leaving for the Caribbean tomorrow. Michelle is fabulous. She speaks 4 languages and goes to school in San Jose for art. She's swiss. So is her boyfriend, Nico. But they both look Tico and speak fluent spanish. Their friend is German, and he's always busy traveling the world. A neat group. I'm tossing around the idea of going to the caribbean coast with them for a week. It's only a week, I've never been, it's cheap, and it will mix it up a bit. Who knows. I'm just trying to roll with it.

1 comment: