not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ha Ha Ha - Laughing Is FUN.

"Laughter is a mechanism everyone has; laughter is part of universal human vocabulary. There are thousands of languages, hundreds of thousands of dialects, but everyone speaks laughter in pretty much the same way.”



I love to laugh. It's fun. I try to do it as often as possible, for as long as possible -- till my stomach cramps up and I can't breathe. The kind of laughter that distorts your face in the most unflattering way that you try to hide - but can't - because laughter has taken over your body and you can't even move. THAT kind of laughter. I live for it. Laughter is very spontaneous - something that you don't have too much control over. BUT, when I'm in need of a good laugh, and can't wait around for one I...

1. Surround myself with a funny friend (everybody has one or two of them...the people that constantly have you clutching your sides because you're laughing so hard)

2. Make fun of myself. I find myself doing it more and more lately -- making an ass of myself which makes me laugh and surrounding people laugh -- and usually leaves me with photos so I can look back and laugh at myself all over again. Hahahahaha. Or,

3.YouTube. Louis CK. One of the funniest motherfuckers alive! He is damn funny and rather offensive -- a combination that I love, and that goes together like peanut butter and jelly! I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. I picked some of my favorites and I'm going to share them with you - so that YOU can laugh your ass off.

Louis CK has some very funny skits, but the ones about kids and marriage make me laugh the hardest: (I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKING TWO MINUTES TO WATCH THESE)







They call me "Cailin: The Tambourine Queen".
Here are some photos of me either being a jackass or laughing...
enjoying the randomness that is 'life'.
Enjoy.







One loses many laughs by not laughing at oneself.” - Sara Janette Duncan

For all of the photos from surfer supplies christmas party,and you have facebook, check out this link (Thanks Maryanne!): http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1512434231&ref=mf#/album.php?aid=2007918&id=1512434231&ref=mf

WIKIPEDIA SAYS...

Laughter is an audible expression, or appearance of merriment or happiness, or an inward feeling of joy and pleasure (laughing on the inside). It may ensue (as a physiological reaction) from jokes, tickling, and other stimuli. Inhaling nitrous oxide can also induce laughter; other drugs, such as cannabis, can also induce episodes of strong laughter. Strong laughter can sometimes bring an onset of tears or even moderate muscular pain.

Laughter is a part of human behaviour regulated by the brain. It helps humans clarify their intentions in social interaction and provides an emotional context to conversations. Laughter is used as a signal for being part of a group — it signals acceptance and positive interactions with others. Laughter is sometimes seemingly contagious, and the laughter of one person can itself provoke laughter from others as a positive feedback.[1] An extreme case of this is the Tanganyika laughter epidemic. This may account in part for the popularity of laugh tracks in situation comedy television shows.

The study of humor and laughter, and its psychological and physiological effects on the human body is called gelotology.

A general theory that explains laughter is called the relief theory. Sigmund Freud summarized it in his theory that laughter releases tension and "psychic energy". This theory is one of the justifications of the beliefs that laughter is beneficial for one's health.[3] This theory explains why laughter can be as a coping mechanism for when one is upset, angry or sad.

Raju Mandhyan states "The physical and psychological benefits of laughter come second only to the physical and psychological benefits of sex."


So laugh it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment