not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Day of 2008

Today was the last day of 2008, and I think I had a pretty damn good year. Surfed this morning and this evening - took a trip to Jaco with the boys this afternoon and ate some good grub, and as always - read for a bit, then took a nap. After I woke up from my nap I thought about all of the amazing places I've been this past year, the wonderful friends that I have made and I'm 100% satisfied with how I spent my time, and proud of the decision that I've made. This year I have reconnected with old friends (Julisa), made new friends (Jeff & Sharon), and fell in love. It's exciting and fulfilling, and I hope that 2009 brings just as many joys.

Tonight I watched the sun set while I was out in the water with the whole Soda Mary crew and Shawn. The waves were only about waist high, but I couldn't have been with a better group of people, all laughing and cheering eachother into waves. The last wave of 2008 I got a fabulous, lined-up noseride all the way to the beach. MmmMm good. I'm ready for 2009.

"For last years words belong to last year's language, and next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning." - T.S. Eliot

FELIZ ANO NEUVO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment