not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Surf, Songs & Saturday's

So last night Jay and I just had a mellow evening. Grabbed burgers and a beer down the street and then came home to watch a movie. This morning we woke up early and got a couple hour session in at Jalama Beach. We had to head back to house because Jay had some work to do on the yard -- so I laid out back with the dogs and threw on my ipod. I have a VERY diverse music selection on my ipod, and I got to thinking about GREAT records...like ones that you can listen to from start to finish without having to hit the "skip" button. Here is the list that I came up with the best albums, from START to FINISH.

Alanis Morissette: Jagged Little Pill
Andrew Bird: The Mysterious Production of Eggs

Ben Taylor: Gravity

The Black Keys: Attack & Release

Bob Dylan

Bob Marley

Bonnie Raitt: Give It Up
CAT Power: You Are Free
Crosby Stills Nash & Young: Four Way Street Live
Damien Rice: O

Dave Matthews Band: Crash

David Gray: White Ladder

Dispatch: Bang Bang

Feist: The Reminder

Fiona Apple: Tidal

Fiona Apple: When The Pawn...
Fiona Apple: Extraordinary Machine

G.Love: The Hustle

Incubus: Morning View

Iron & Wine: The Sea & The Rhythm

Iron & Wine: The Creek Drank The Cradle
Iron & Wine: Our Endless Numbered Days
Iron & Wine: Woman King

Iron & Wine: The Shepard's Dog

Janis Joplin: Pearl
Jewel: Pieces of You
John Frusciante: Curtains
Joni Mitchell: Blue

Joni Mitchell: Ladies Of The Canyon

Jose Gonzalez: Veneer

Kings of Leon: Aha Shake Heartbreak

Kings of Leon: Because Of The Times

Lauryn Hill: The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Lauryn Hill: MTV Unplugged

Meiko: Meiko

Modest Mouse: The Moon & Antartica
Modest Mouse: Good News For People Who Love Bad News
No Doubt: Tragic Kingdom

Ray LaMontagne: Trouble

Rodrigo Y Gabriela: Rodrigo Y Gabriela

The Roots: The Tipping Point
Sheryl Crow: Sheryl Crow

Tracy Chapman: Tracy Chapman

The White Buffalo: The White Buffalo


So that's my master list of cd's I can listen to without touching the skip button. I'm sure that its missing a couple here or there, and I may have given some cd's too much credit and put them on the list -- but regardless, hope you like em.






Speaking of MUSIC: Jbird, Kyle and I are going to see Le Petit Protest tonight at a bar in town. We hung out with them the other night (they are friends of Kyle) and we also met the bar owner - and they said that they would be stoked if I got up and played some music. So wooo hooo...I'm playing music tonight. Going to but on my hotmama dress and sing some of my favorite songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment