not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life is a River.

I was talking with my dad the other day and he had some great advice.

Life is like a river.
It'll bend right, then left, overwhelm you with raging waters, and sometimes run dry.
And you have no control over the direction that the river goes. So there is no use fighting it, you just have to flow with it.

There is no controlling life. Yes, you can make life to be just about the way that you want it, but there is always going to be some aspects that are out of your hands.

SO. I'm riding the river.
Riding it to California.
This morning I cancelled my return flight to New Jersey from Seattle, and instead I will be leaving tomorrow for Santa Barbara, California. I'm going to stay for one week, a few days with my friend Jbird in Santa Barbara County and then a few days in L.A. with my Auntie D.

So for all of you out there fighting the currents, you just gotta flow with the way the water is taking you.

No comments:

Post a Comment