not all who wander are lost.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 8

I went to Seattle's Arboretum (translates literally to "tree place"). I walked all over the place, through the Botanic Gardens and the Japanese Garden. I walked for about 4 hours. I fed some cute little ducks that followed me for about a mile, found some peace in the Japanese garden, and smelled some gorgeous flowers that were along the trail. It was definitely chilly today, but atleast the sun was peeking through and the rain stayed away. After that I walked through town and ended up at a Japanese restaurant for some lunch. I had miso soup, two sushi rolls, and some Genmai Cha (my FAVORITE, toasted brown rice green tea). Sleepy and full, I found my way to a bus and headed back to Julia's house. I got home and cuddled with Shimo (the cat), sipped some tea, and recorded some more songs for my YOU TUBE. Today I added Fell First, Bigger Than Me, and Louis Armstrongs "Saint James Infirmary".

I'm getting ready to head BACK into downtown Seattle to meet up with my friend Noele. Noele is a Canadian that I met while I was in Costa Rica. We stayed in touch, and when she found out that I was visiting Seattle she said that she would hop a 2 hour boat ride and head down to see me!! So we will be going out on the town for some cocktails and I HOPE some dancing.

Noele and Me @ Tortilla Flats in Costa Rica, March 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment