not all who wander are lost.

Friday, November 7, 2008

DAY 1: SEATTLE




*Night Before:
Of course something exciting is going to happen, so I catch a wicked cold, cough & congestion. Been hacking my lungs up for days.

I packed today. I packed way too much. But I think that they charge a fee for checked bags now, so if I'm paying - I might as well get my moneys worth with a big bag. Took a benadryl and some cough medicine. Going to watch Grey's Anatomy then pass out. Flight @ 6:15 am. Have to be up @ 3:45am. Need gas in my car - shit - be up by 3:35 at the latest. Thank god Paul is taking me to the airport - he drives fast. He's such a good friend - I don't know anyone else who would take me to the airport at the ass crack of dawn.

OFFICIAL DAY 1:
I'm flying into Detroit now. En route to Seattle. Traveling is expensive anymore...gas prices are up. Plus $15 to check my bag, plus a $5 tip. Atleast I got a cup of free OJ on the plane. THey don't even give you peanuts anymore. Rip-off. The guy sitting catty-corner me is a jackass. I'm guessing that he's a sports coach of some sort based on his hoodie and sweats get-up, his Nike carryon bag, and the fact that he's obsessing over the sports section of the paper. Plus, he just gives off that "I'm a coach" kind of pompous attitude. He's bald with big ears and long blonde eyelashes. When he boarded the plane he threw a shit-fit because there was no room in the overhead for his Nike duffel bag. He threw his bag in the middle of the aisle, while people still needed to get by. Damn, he really showed us. Well since you get charged a fee for checked bags everyone brings a big carryon and a book bag or something -- and who can blame them. We just spent hundreds of dollars for a shitty, uncomfortable seat next to a crying baby on a stuffy airplane -- and all we get is crappy stale coffee in a styrafoam cup. I don't want to pay an extra $15 fucking dollars for my bag - I'm putting it in the overhead! So tough shit buddy, stick your bag under the seat like everybody else. I don't know why, but this guy is really getting under my skin. Maybe it's because I haven't had coffee yet. Who knows, maybe he's such a prick because he hasn't had HIS coffee yet. It's a very powerful beverage.

My ears are popping and I have to put my seat up. 1/4 the way there....

Detroit Airport. Waiting for my flight. Call me a coffee snob - call me whatever you'd like -- but the coffee I just got at the "Coffee Beanery" was so horrible that I took one sip and had to throw it out. And I HATE to waste things, but the coffee was really that bad. Their slogan is "Coffee People Who Care" -- I was mislead. For someone who's sole gig is coffee, they serve a pretty crappy brew. I thought that the Coffee Beanery understood that your day is only as good as your first cup of coffee. And this was a serious day, coffee was not a luxury, but a necessity. I'm going to go look for a better coffee fix -- I hate to say it, but I'd be so thankful for a Starbucks right now. In the meantime I will just dream of Harry & Beans Sumatran Blend that my boyfriend brews to perfection.

In my quest for coffee (I worked up a sweat, frantically searching the airport for a decent brew) I found myself @ McDonald's. Random right? Guess what -- they make a decent cup of coffee! Way better than starbucks, and cheaper! It's no Harry & Beans but beggars cannot be choosers. Woo hoo! My day is salvaged afterall.
**I'm so excited about my delicious discovery that I drink prematurely and burn the shit outta my tongue.


Seattle Flight: So consumed with new book, Eat Pray Love. Cannot put it down. Write more later.

WOOO HOOO IN SEATTLE!!! JULISA IS AS BEAUTIFUL AS EVER. Love their house, and my room is super cute. Headed out to meet up with my great friend, and old drummer, Adam Price. Yahooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment