not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

California : (Day 2) & Day 3

Yesterday was lovely. It began with getting a perfectly brewed Americano (well, not as great as Julia makes them, but pretty damn good) at a small cafe down the street. Toy, Clancy (toy's son) and I headed out for some breakfast then came home. Toy was feeling "sick" so she couldn't make it to work that day...

I took myself for a long walk around Lompoc, enjoying the sunshine and bopping in & out of a few antique stores and thrift shops. Got some cute little goodies, which is great because all I have with me is my not-so-warm-weather-friendly clothes that I had packed for Seattle. Jbird let me borrow some flip flops too, so now I almost have a california wardrobe.

When I got back from my walk, I sat outside with the dogs and started a new book, compliments of Julia, Tom Robbins "Skinny Legs and All". Ruby, the cattle dog, was dead set on helping me read, so she sat on my lap. Around 3pm, Toy came outside declaring that it was cocktail hour!! Now just a bit of FYI about Toy - she runs Bridlewood Winery. She's the real deal. So not only did we drink some fabulous wine - but I got a bit of an education about the process and art of winemaking and drinking. Also during our back-porch afternoon happy hour Toy and I talked about everything. Turns out that she lived in Japan for 5 months teaching businessmen english. Singing Karaoke, dancing at random japanese techno-bars, and eatting crazy foods. We talked about life, traveling (the importance of!), animals, love, and of course - WINE!

Jay got home about an hour before sunset, so we quickly hopped in the truck, loaded in the dogs, and headed to Surf Beach. I said that it looked like fun out there -- and then Jay ruined it for me. His buddy has been stalked by a great white three different times at this spot. This guy, KNOWING that there was a great white hanging out in the line-up, continued to surf here!! I know -- it doesn't make sense to me either. SO anyways, the third time that this guy was out there, he saw the shark again. And again, he just stayed in the water. Well a few minutes later the great white shark took a HUGE chunk out of this guys surfboard. I'm talking all three fins - gone. This guy is lucky to have his legs!! ANd you know what -- he was out there surfing just the other day. If I move out here to California, I CERTAINLY will NOT be surfing Surf Beach. I love my limbs, and I plan to keep them. When I was walking off the beach all I could hear were those two notes....

Today (wed) is day 3. Toy just left for work, and I'm about to cruise down to that Cafe and grab some caffeine. I am definitely planning on working on some of my new tunes, and for those of you who haven't checked out my youtube yet then shame on you!! www.youtube.com/cailincallahan Tonight we have plans to go out for SUSHI mmm with Jay and Toys' friend Kyle. I'll be sure to report about it all tomorrow!! Gotta go now, the little attack-kitten is using my pants as a play toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment